Car detailing is a crucial part of vehicle maintenance, a lot of services fall under the category. Two important and popular services for maintaining the car surface color are ceramic coating and paint correction. Both of the services are available to get the sleek appearance of the car paint along with protection. However, there is a difference between the two in terms of the results, before talking about the differences between ceramic coating and paint correction.
Ceramic coating/ nano-coating
Nano-coating is a process of applying a liquid polymer to the car’s surface. The coating forms a chemical bond with the paint and creates a protective layer. The ceramic coating layer is hard and more durable than the car’s clear coat. The role of this hard layer is damage prevention from environmental factors, UV radiation, and other factors causing fading, chipping, or scratching.
This technology is relatively new but popular because of its long-lasting protection. The ceramic coating application involves thorough cleaning and surface preparation. After proper application, ceramic car coating requires a specific time to cure.
A ceramic coating makes your car look amazing with a deep and glossy shine. The hydrophobic properties make this coating easy to clean. Because of its thermal properties, it can protect your car’s clear coat from damage caused by heat or cold.
The ceramic coating comes in many colors and designs that are suitable for every car model.
Car paint correction removes defects from the car paint, like swirl marks, scratches, and other imperfections. These defects make the car’s clear coat look dull, reducing the car’s value over time. Car paint correction requires specialized techniques and tools to remove a thin paint layer.
It is a labor-intensive and time-consuming process that needs expertise and professional skills. A professional detailer will assess the car paint condition and determine the best approach to fix the defects. The process requires specialized tools like different grades of polishing pads and compounds.
The result of the paint correction is the brand-new car’s appearance. However, paint correction doesn’t provide future protection.
The key differences between ceramic coating and paint correction
The major differences between ceramic coating and paint correction are the approach and results:
- Paint correction is performed to restore its original paint condition by removing defects. At the same time, ceramic coating aims to protect your car’s surface from future wear and tear or damage.
- The other major difference between ceramic coating and paint correction is the skill level and expertise required for the process. Ceramic coating is a simple but technical process that requires a few hours to be accomplished. However, paint correction requires specialized skills, training, and years of experience. It is a labor-intensive, time-consuming, and expensive process. It requires more than one day to complete.
- The third difference is ceramic coating has many alternatives, such as PPF or vinyl wrap. However, there is no alternative to paint correction. Due to the results of paint correction, your car’s appearance improves, however, you may need to apply a ceramic coating over paint correction.
- Remember! Most of the paint imperfections appear on the car’s clear coat. You will need paint correction to remove these blemishes. However, the ceramic coating does not remove imperfections but creates a layer over the car paint.
- Paint correction is necessary to remove deep scratches. However, ceramic coating is optional and replaceable.
- You can’t change the car’s color with paint correction; however, ceramic coating can add a variety of decorative schemes to your car.
- Ceramic coating lasts for two to five years if properly maintained. However, car paint correction results last from a few months to a year. The life span of both ceramic coating and paint correction depends on the weather conditions, care, and maintenance.
- Car paint correction removes a thin layer of car clear coat. However, the ceramic coating forms a layer on it.
Related Article: The Ultimate Guide to Car Ceramic Coating
Get ultimate protection and flawless finishes
Auto Boss Vaughan is an industry leader in the field of detailing, paint correction, and protection. Our team of detailers is experienced, trained, and equipped with the latest technology. We provide both ceramic coating and paint correction services in one place. Enjoy the ease and perfection together with Auto Boss.
Ceramic coating and paint correction are both paint treatments that require expertise. Paint correction results in removing scratches and swirls from the car paint. However, ceramic coating is applied to protect the car paint from damage.
If you have enough budget, you can get your car surface clear through the process of car paint protection and then apply a ceramic coating over it. Applying ceramic coating with paint correction provides the ultimate benefits of protection and making the car appearance. Obviously, your car paint defects, whether they are minor or deep, can be removed through car paint correction. However, you will get ultimate protection from the environmental damages that can be prevented by ceramic car coating.
In conclusion, both ceramic coating and paint correction are maintenance and protection services that require specialized machinery and techniques for application. Both the processes can be applied to any type and size of the vehicle. Depending on your budget, you can have a ceramic coating over car paint correction. Paint correction removes scratches from the car’s clear coat, but ceramic coating protects the car’s clear coat from damage.
Does ceramic car coating include paint correction?
The paint correction has either one-step or multi-step polish to remove paint defects. The auto detailer will level the car paint to the depth of swirl marks before applying ceramic coating on your vehicle.
Can nano-coating fix damages from the car surface?
Although nanoparticles of ceramic coating bond together, they will not bond to your car. Therefore, the ceramic coating will not fix paint damage.
Does ceramic coating damage car paint?
No! Ceramic coating doesn’t damage car paint; however, it protects car paint against external elements.