Ceramic coating is an effective way to shield your vehicle from contaminants and keep it looking new for a long time. But how long does it last?
Ceramic coating life is determined by a number of factors, such as the type of coating you get and the way you maintain it. In this blog, you will learn everything you need to know:
Ceramic coatings typically last between two and five years. Although it’s rare, some can even last up to a decade. There are, however, a number of factors that can shorten their lifespan and force you to replace yours sooner than you think. The way you use a product determines its lifespan.
For example, a car that does many motorway miles, traveling between building sites with dirt and grime in all weathers, will only last for a while. But a car kept in an air-conditioned garage and only driven twice a year when the weather’s pleasant will last far longer.
But the method of classification is different. Many things need to be clarified about ceramic coatings. As an example, the guarantee period is like a sell-by date. A 5-year coating is assumed to last at 100% for that duration. In five years and one day, the ceramic coating will stop working! However, it doesn’t work that way.
What is the cause of their rapid wear and tear?
Ceramic coating is an investment, so you want it to last several years. So, avoid anything that wears it down too quickly. Coatings need to be replaced too often for many reasons, such as:
- Extreme weather driving: Vehicle materials contract and expand more frequently in extremely hot and cold climates. Ceramic surfaces become cracked this way, allowing water to seep through, which causes rust.
- Applying harsh chemicals to your car: Too much soap, wax, or other products can wear away the coating over time by acting like sandpaper. It damages its ability to prevent water penetration, so be careful!
- Incorrect washing method: You need two buckets to wash ceramic coatings. It reduces the risk of scratches on your coating, thereby extending its lifespan. Also, the car should never be washed in direct sunlight.
- Polishing your car’s exterior: Lots of people do this while caring for their coatings. Ceramic coatings, however, should never be polished. It reduces their water repellency and rust protection!
How to prolong their life?
It may surprise you, but certain steps may extend your coating’s life. Following these tips will help you make the most of your expensive investment:
- Make sure you wash with clean water at all times. When fewer contaminants adhere to your vehicle’s exterior, your paint job and coating tend to last longer.
- Don’t use a machine polisher. You should only use the two-bucket method! Driving in extreme temperatures should be avoided.
- Don’t damage your coating just for a short trip into town: wait until things cool off or warm up before heading out!
- Allow it to properly cure. Ceramic coatings cure over time, typically two to three weeks.
- Parking your vehicle in a safe place is imperative during this time. You want to prevent bird droppings, pollen, and large amounts of dirt from sitting on the surface and baking in. So park it in covered parking areas.
- Detail it from time to time. Occasionally get your vehicle detailed with soaps suitable for ceramic coatings. Shops use professional products that are much better than those available on Amazon or Walmart. These products, combined with professionals’ expertise, ensure your car always looks good. This should be done every six months.
- Finish with a coating-friendly detail spray. It is an excellent way to prolong your coating’s life. This layer of protection serves as a sacrificial layer to relieve the coating’s workload. While it won’t last long, it will certainly help. You should spray at least once every two washes.
Benefits of ceramic coating
Compared to waxes or sealants, ceramic coatings offer far superior protection. In addition, they usually last for a much longer period of time. Professional coatings even offer warranties. Their ability to repel dirt and water makes cleaning them a breeze. Due to their slickness and deflection, ceramic coatings prevent swirl marks and marring. Here’s a list of additional benefits:
- Long-term durability: Most coatings have a two- to five-year life expectancy.
- Improved surface protection: Shield against environmental elements and unexpected abuse. Your vehicle will not get scratched or marred nearly as easily.
- Low maintenance: It’s easy to wash. Ceramic-coated vehicles can usually be rinsed and air-dried quickly without agitation most of the time.
- A constant showroom appearance: A coated vehicle usually looks great. Vehicles that are washed weekly before coating don’t get washed again for over a month!
- Mental peace: You know your car’s well protected.
- No more waxing: With coatings, wax is not needed. Certain products can, however, be used as toppers to prolong the coating if you still like to fiddle with it.
- Guaranteed protection: Vehicle coatings serve as sacrificial layers over paint if something comes into contact with your car. It is only the coating that is damaged if a material that would have marred the paint hits the surface, such as bird poop, berries, sap, or even the paint itself.
Auto Boss Vaughan is your destination for professional and high-quality ceramic coatings. Our years of experience ensure that your vehicle’s paint is protected and maintained. We use only the latest coated ceramic products and techniques to provide maximum protection and longevity.
Auto Boss Vaughan understands that maintaining your vehicle’s appearance increases its value. The ceramic coating protects your car from various environmental factors, including UV rays and acid rain.
Our team of experts will work closely with you to understand your unique needs and preferences. Then, they will provide a customized coated ceramic solution that best fits your requirements. We protect your vehicle’s paint from scratches, fading, and other damage forms, enhancing its shine and appearance.
So check out our website and get a quote for your vehicle today. If you need assistance, call us at 647-554-2677.
How much does ceramic coating cost?
Ceramic coating installation costs anywhere from $300 to $3000+. This depends on various factors, such as the areas to be ceramic coated, how long you want the coating to last, and if you want any paint corrections before the ceramic coating goes on.
Is there a downside to ceramic coating?
Ceramic coating is expensive and requires professional installation. Furthermore, ceramic coating a car is a time-consuming and difficult process. Nevertheless, Auto Boss Vaughan is able to provide professional ceramic coating at a reasonable cost and within a reasonable time frame.
Does ceramic coating protect your car from chips?
While ceramic coatings can reduce rock chip visibility, they do not completely prevent them. Ceramic coatings can provide a barrier that prevents the paint from being damaged. The only way to protect your paint from stone chips is with a high-quality paint protection film. Check Auto Boss Vaughan Paint Protection Film service.
Can I apply the ceramic coating myself?
Only professional coatings offer the most protection for the longest amount of time. If something goes wrong with the coating, it can only be removed by wet sanding from a shop. These are only available to accredited detailing companies because they don’t want you to damage your paint. Additionally, the application process can be tricky. You need a clean environment with the right lighting to do a proper job. Therefore, these coatings should be applied by professionals.
Do ceramic coatings benefit your car?
Yes, ceramic coatings benefit your car. When applied after paint correction, ceramic coatings can enhance the paint’s shine on a vehicle. Additionally, it can block UV rays and provide years of protection. So investing in the ceramic coating is definitely a good idea